Cuddle up with your significant other this Valentine’s Day at some of the hottest bars across Manhattan.
Hidden away from the hustle and bustle of Grand Central Terminal is The Campbell Apartment, one of New York City’s most historic bars. The former office and salon of 1920s mogul John W. Campbell transforms into a breathtaking space with intricate architectural details including extensive woodwork, balcony beamed ceiling and stone fireplace. Sip on classy cocktails like a Kentucky Ginger or Prohibition Punch and get whisked away to another time with your beau.
Beneath the posh Inn at Irving Place is the upscale martini lounge Cibar Lounge
The wine is free flowing at Chelsea’s Drunken Horse. The Middle Eastern-inspired haunt taunts floor-to-ceiling wooden wine racks carrying a large selection from the Western European region. The intimate ambiance, high-end share plates and vino set the tone for a relaxing evening.
For an old-world speakeasy feel in the West Village keep your eyes open for Employees Only. Marked by a neon sign advertising a psychic reader, the deco-inspired bar is a sensuous time warp back to the Prohibition era.
Unwind with your beau over at the Brandy Library in TriBeCa with an extensive, highly curated list of rare scotches and whiskeys. Treat your palette and each other to an education in top shelf, namesake liquors with their exclusive Spirit School sessions.
The Back Room is an elusive speakeasy tucked away in the depths of the Lower East Side. Look for a sign touting the “Lower East Side Toy Company,” to gain entry to this adult playpen. Alcohol is served up in nondescript teacups and mugs, a fireplace blazes in the background and you can find some of the best live jazz in Manhattan on any given evening.
Looking to finalize your Super Bowl Sunday plans this weekend? We’ve scoured the city for the best viewing parties for friends and fans to watch the big game.
The James Hotel is elevating your Super Bowl plans with a viewing party from their rooftop bar, The Jimmy. Enjoy breathtaking views, audible play-by-play commentary and sophisticated cocktails.
Whiskey Park is hosting a 5 Borough themed tailgate on Sunday with 6-foot subs from the best sandwich shops around NYC. Expect representation from Manhattan’s Faccio’s, Brooklyn’s Zito’s Sandwich Shoppe, Staten Island’s Goodfellas, Bronx’s Tino’s Deli and Catering and Queens’ Brothers. Wash it all down with football-themed beverages like the Pigskin concocted with bacon-infused bourbon, maple syrup and orange bitters.
Chef David Craine is preparing a Super Bowl spread with exclusive off-menu items at BLT Bar & Grill this Sunday including deviled-egg croquettes, Serrano-pepper poppers with smoked gouda and chorizo, skirt-steak sliders and more.
Warren 77 one of our favorite TriBeCa sporting haunts is offering patrons the ultimate package for large groups that includes: a reserved booth, unlimited bar snacks and beverages, rounds to celebrate every team touchdown and a bottle of Veuve Clicquot to those rooting for the winning team.
Houston Hall is serving up extra large steins of Greenpoint Beer Works brews, wing specials and burgers to complement their big screens in the West Village. Make sure you arrive early to grab a communal table for your group.
Midtown West’s Empire Steak House is debuting a 20 oz. filet mignon for the big game, come hungry.
Bounce Sporting Club is hosting a special Super Bowl pop-up at the Highline Ballroom Sunday for a Super Sunday Funday with a live performance by DMC.
Celebrate the leading man in your life with these dapper spoils curated by TOWN’s Concierge, Allison Newman.
1) The Mulberry Medium Clipper Holdall Bag is a classic addition to Dad’s luggage collection. The perfect amount of space with a sleek, versatile design. Available at Mr. Porter.
2) This coffee table book packs a lot of horsepower between the covers. The Impossible Collection of Cars showcases 100 exceptional engines of the twentieth century, each chosen for its revolutionary design and head-turning capabilities. Available at Assouline.
3) Cure his meat tooth with a membership to Murray’s Meat of the Month Club. A monthly delivery of cured, cooked, whole and encased meats will arrive at his doorstep every month for a delicious array of platings. Four month, six month, and yearly options available.
4) Enjoy a spirited evening at the Brandy Library with a scotch tasting for two.
5) There’s nothing like a timeless game of chess. Stimulate pops intellectual side with an Italian hand-crafted set from Renzo Romagnoli that will last a lifetime. Available at Barney’s.